California State University San Marcos participates in the system wide CSU Risk Management
Authority (CSURMA) risk pool, which is funded by premium contributions from each CSU
campus. The campus' level of contribution is based on a number of factors, including
loss history, and the campus community strives to work together to minimize losses
and maintain a reasonable cost for coverages through CSURMA. The following is a brief list of coverages provided through CSURMA. Please contact Integrated Risk Management for more specific information about
coverage limits, conditions, and exclusions.
- General Liability
- Errors & Omissions
- Employment Practices Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Direct physical loss or damage to buildings and other specified structures.
- Includes cyber liability, boiler and machinery coverage, and public entity pollution
Fine Arts, Artifacts and Archives Program
- "Wall to wall" coverage while on campus, in transit, or out on loan. Conditions and
- Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Employer's Liability
- Industrial Disability Leave
- Non-industrial Disability Leave
- Unemployment Insurance
Athletics Injury Medical Expense (AIME) Program:
- Excess of 3rd party medical
- Travel Accident
Inland Marine Property:
- Coverage for scheduled property items, such as musical instruments and other miscellaneous
equipment. Items must be enrolled in this program in order for coverage to be effective.
Student Travel Accident Program:
- Medical coverage for travel related accidents.
Other insurance available:
- Enrollment in the Foreign Travel Insurance Program (FTIP) is required for faculty,
staff , and students who are traveling outside of the U.S. as participants in a University
- For purchase to insure events that are organized by third parties, co-hosted events
and campus sponsored events that present additional liability exposures.