Curriculum & Academic Policy Committee
Charge and Bylaws
The charge of the Curriculum and Academic Policy Committee (CAPC) is to make recommendations
to the Dean concerning curriculum and academic policy.
- The voting members of the CAPC shall be six faculty: two members representing each
of the three units of CEHHS (SOE, SON and SHSHS), who are elected by the faculty within
their respective divisions; and a seventh member elected at large from among the eligible
- Ex officio, non-voting members shall include the Dean or his/her designee, a CEHHS
representative to the University Curriculum Committee, and the Director of Student
- Committee members shall serve staggered terms of two years.
- The CAPC shall communicate with the Budget and Academic Planning Committee within
7 days following approval as necessary regarding curriculum approval and its implementation.
- The CAPC shall review and make written recommendations regarding all proposals for
new departments/schools, programs, centers/institutes, majors/minors, courses, and
substantive or minor course changes. The CAPC shall make certain that each proposal
contributes to the realization of the CAMP, and shall strive to coordinate its efforts
with University Curriculum Committee's requirements and deadlines.