Committee for Inclusion, Diversity and Equity
Charge and Bylaws
The charge of the Committee for Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity is to make recommendations
to the Dean regarding policy, programs, curriculum, services, recruitment, and retention
to obtain equitable outcomes.
- The voting members of CIDE shall be seven faculty and two staff: two members representing
each of the three units of CEHHS (SOE, SON and SHSHS), who are elected by the faculty
within their respective divisions; a seventh member elected at large from among the
eligible CEHHS faculty; staff members elected by the CEHHS staff. Student members
will be nominated by the department chairs and directors and the current members of
CIDE will elect two student members from those nominated.
- Ex officio, non-voting members shall include, the Assistant Dean of Student Services,
and the Dean or designee.
- Committee members from faculty and staff shall serve staggered terms of two years.
Student members will serve a year-long term.
- Each Fall, the CIDE shall review, revise, and solicit recommendations from the CEHHS
community regarding changes/additions to the diversity portion of the college strategic
plan. The CIDE will also make recommendations to the Dean regarding the CEHHS response
to policies, issues or concerns related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- On an ad hoc basis, at the request of the Dean or at its own behest, the CIDE may
provide advice to the Dean’s Office on any matter of long-term CEHHS planning, development,
and/or resource allocation, working in consultation with other standing CEHHS committees,
as necessary and advisable.
- The committee will disseminate information and policy updates regarding issues of
diversity, equity, and inclusion to the college as needed.
- Quorum for CIDE will be defined as the attendance of at least 50% of the currently
filled seats on the committee.