Welcome to Counseling Services! As a CSUSM student you have access to mental health services because it is covered by your pre-paid mental health fee.
If you are feeling like you are not safe, that you might harm yourself or others, call either 911 or 988 immediately.
Students come to counseling services for many reasons:
- To resolve personal problems that interfere with academic performance, such as anxiety, depression, loss, financial problems, relationship and family conflict.
- To build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- To clarify personal and professional values and goals.
- To develop more effective stress management, problem solving, decision-making, and communication skills.
Our goal is to provide a supportive, confidential setting in which these concerns can be addressed.
Additional Services & Programs
In addition to counseling, we offer a variety of services and programs designed to enhance the college experience and promote health and well being. These include:
- Consultation to administrative and academic departments, student services and organizations.
- A wide range of outreach and education activities, including workshops, guest lectures, special events. Request a presentation or event collaboration.
- The Internship in Health Service Psychology, a full time psychology internship program for students completing their graduate degrees in clinical or counseling psychology. We are a member of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers (APPIC) and our Psychology Internship is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) as of October 2018. The next site visit is scheduled for 2028. *
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a counselor, please call (760) 750-4915 or stop by SHCS.
Important Resources and Links
- Crisis Resource List
- Group Therapy and Coping Skills Series Sign Up
- Mental Health Resources
- Racial, Trauma and Ally Resources
- Student Health 101 General Health Guide
- ULifeline Oneline Resource for College Students
- YOU@CSUSM Online Wellness Portal
CSUSM is a member of the CalMHSA
*Questions related to the program’s accredited status should be directed to the Commission on Accreditation:
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation American Psychological Association
750 1st Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979
Contact UsOPEN: Monday-Friday
@ 8:00 am -4:45 pm
Phone: (760) 750-4915
Fax: (760) 750-3181
Student Health & Counseling Services
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Rd
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Blog: CSUSM Health Blogs