SHCS Health Assistance Fund
The SHCS Health Assistance Fund aims to address the financial barriers faced by students in accessing wellness, mental and medical health services needed to support their well-being and academic success by offsetting the costs of obtaining these services through the HAF scholarship.
Fund will pay for:
- Therapy (e.g., individual, couples, group, and family therapy)
- Mental health treatment centers
(e.g., eating disorder, substance abuse, psychotic disorder
- Psychological testing
- Psychiatric visits
- Medical appointments
- Medication (prescription and over the counter)
- Immunization (MMR, Heptatis B, Flu, etc)
- Lab work (blood tests, urine tests, STI screening, etc)
- Optometry (eyeglasses, contact lens, etc)
- Dental (teeth cleaning, extractions, root canal, etc)
- Transportation to/from medical and mental health appointments
- Currently enrolled CSUSM students.
- Students that demonstrate financial need to pay for wellness, medical or mental health services that they cannot afford or that are outside the scope of SHCS. Students must be able to provide supporting statement of their needs and cost of services they are seeking.
- Student may be awarded anywhere from $50 (minimum) - $500 (maximum) per request, but only able to receive $500 max per semester (Spring/Fall semesters only).
- Students must apply online.
- Student will be contacted by Clinical Case Manager wihtin 5-7 business days to schedule an appointment to discuss their request, as well as any other resources that may be helpful to the student.
- At the time of the meeting with Clinical Case Manager, student may provide supporting documentation and services being sought. (Please see the application for details.)
- The Clinical Case Manager then forwards the student’s request to SHCS HAF approval committee for final review and approval.
- Clinical Case Manager will inform the student of request outcome within 5-7 business days of their meeting with the Clinical Case Manager.
- If approved, students will receive funds as a Financial Aid Scholarship in their student account. Students are highly encouraged to enroll in the CSUSM Direct Deposit Program. This can be done through logging into mycsusm.edu.
- If denied, students will be provided with information about other on- and off-campus resources that might help address their needs.
Applications are Open for Fall 2023
Our HAF scholarship funds are almost depleted. If you have applied, please know that our clinical cas manager will work with you to identify other reosurces for support, or you may have to apply again in Spring 2024.
If you need referrals and resources, please email our Clinical Case Manager firstname.lastname@example.org . We will be processing applications on a first come, first serve basis with limited funding. Completion of application does not guarantee funding. If funds are depleted, case management services will be provided to connect you to resources. If you need assistance beyond medical, mental or wellness, you can apply for the ASI Student Emergency Fund.
If you have further questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.