SHCS Health Assistance Fund
The SHCS Health Assistance Fund was created to address the financial barriers faced
by students in accessing wellness, mental and medical health services needed to support
their well-being and academic success. University mental health services, by design,
work on a short-term model, and students with complex needs or needs for long-term
therapy are at times referred to off-campus treatment providers.
University health services offer basic care and treatments, often referring out for
lab work and more specialized care. The intent of this fund is to help offset the
direct and indirect costs of obtaining wellness, medical and mental health treatment
for students who have financial needs.
Fund will pay for:
- Therapy (e.g., individual, couples, group, and family therapy)
- Mental health treatment centers (e.g., eating disorder, substance abuse, psychotic
disorder treatment centers)
- Psychological testing
- Psychiatric visits
- Medical appointments
- Medication (prescription and over the counter)
- Lab work
- Optometry (eyeglasses, contact lens, etc)
- Dental appointments
- Transportation to/from medical and mental health appointments
- Currently enrolled CSUSM students.
- Students that need financial assistance to pay for wellness, medical or mental health
services they cannot afford or that are outside the scope of SHCS.
- To ensure that the SHCS HAF can be most helpful, students must be able to provide
supporting statement of their needs and cost of services they are seeking.
- Student may be awarded anywhere from $50 (minimum) - $500 (maximum) per request, but
only able to receive $500 max per semester (Spring/Fall semesters only).
- Students must apply online, see application link below.
- Student will be contacted by Clinical Case Manager wihtin 5-7 business days to schedule
an appointment to discuss their request, as well as any other resources that may be
helpful to the student.
- At the time of the meeting with Clinical Case Manager, student may provide supporting
documentation and services being sought. (Please see the application for details.)
- The Clinical Case Manager then forwards the student’s request to SHCS HAF approval
committee for final review and approval.
- Clinical Case Manager will inform the student of request outcome within 5-7 business
days of their meeting with the Clinical Case Manager.
- If approved, students will receive funds as a Financial Aid Scholarship in their student
account. Students are highly encouraged to enroll in the CSUSM Direct Deposit Program.
This can be done through logging into mycsusm.edu.
- If denied, students will be provided with information about other on- and off-campus
resources that might help address their needs.
Applications have CLOSED. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to the overwhelming response and limited funding, we can no longer accept applications
for this semsester. Please check back when we are open for the Fall.
If you have further questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.