It’s FLU season!
Influenza vaccine is available for Students only at SHCS!
- 11-12 PM
- Clarke Field House, Room 113
FREE for ALL Students! No appointment necessary
For more information, call (760) 750-4915
Please call us at (760) 750-4915 to make an appointment. The flu vaccine is available and is $0 or FREE for eligible students.
We recommend Faculty/Staff to check with their primary doctors for the flu vaccine or stop by your local pharmacy to see if it is available.
We are encouraging everyone in the campus community to be vaccinated to avoid getting sick and spreading the virus to others. Individuals with pre-existing medical conditions are more likely to experience serious complications from influenza. Healthy individuals can also experience unexpected severe illness from influenza. It takes about two (2) weeks to develop immunity after receiving the vaccine.
In addition to receiving the vaccine, you can do the following to avoid getting sick:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water especially after coughing or sneezing
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizers when soap and water is not available
- Stay away from ill individuals
- Practice respiratory etiquette – cover your mouth and nose with tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough/sneeze into your elbow or shoulder
- Clean commonly touched surfaces
- If you are sick, stay home, and avoid contact with others