Family PACT is a state program that provides free family planning services to low income men and women. The program’s purpose is to provide the services you need to establish the timing, number of children, spacing of your children and to help you maintain reproductive health.
These services are available here at SHCS and at other clinics (e.g. Planned Parenthood) that are Family PACT program participants. You must be enrolled in the Family PACT program to receive free services. All services are completely confidential.
If you are currently enrolled in Family PACT and have your Health Access Program (HAP) card, please see our Family PACT Coordinator to ensure your card is still active.
What is Family PACT?
Family PACT provides no-cost family planning services to low-income men and women, including teens.
Why Should I Enroll?
Family PACT provides access to family planning services for men and women, as well as education, counseling and treatment to protect your reproductive health.
How do I Apply?
Family PACT providers determine eligibility and enroll clients. You can apply for Family PACT in person at SHCS during enrollment times. You can also download the application form and bring it in to the office during your enrollment visit.
Hours of Enrollment:
- Monday - Thursdays: 9 - 11 AM and 2 - 4 PM
- Fridays: 9 - 11 AM
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for Family PACT benefits, clients must meet all of the following criteria:
- The client must be a resident of California (have a California address).
- The client must have a gross family income at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level (FPL).
- The client must have no other source of health care coverage for family planning services, or meet the criteria specified for eligibility with Other Health Coverage (OHC).
- The client must have a medical necessity for family planning services.
What if I already have a card?
If your card is active (you received it within the last year), then you can notify the receptionist and receive free services. If you are unsure about whether your card is active, we encourage you to make an appointment to check the status. If it isn’t active, an enroller will simply recertify your card on the same day!
Please Contact SHCS
For more information visit: Family Pact