EOP at CSU San Marcos is open to incoming First Year Freshman and Transfer students
seeking their first Bachelor's Degree. The program actively seeks prospective applicants
who need admission assistance and support services to succeed in college.
Fall 2022 Priority Application Period
- CSUSM Admission Application period (October 1 - December 15, 2021)
- EOP Application period (October 1 - January 15th, 2022)
- Be California residents
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent graduated with a four-year university
degree from the United States)
- Submit a complete EOP application ( 2 Letter of Recommendation and Biographical Questions)
- Meet EOP Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Demonstrate through their official FAFSA or CADAA appliciation that the family is
unable to provide an annual contribution of more than $1,500 (EFC) toward their college
- Display academic potential and motivation to succeed in college
- Review the full list of EOP Deadlines
- Avoid using school emails as you may no longer have access once you have graduated.
- Recommendation Letters
- The Cal State Apply application will automatically set the deadline at two weeks from
the day you request the EOP recommendation.
- Recommenders can complete the form after the two week automated deadline but must
be received by the campus deadline.
- Follow up with recommenders to avoid missing recommendation letters.
- Check your emails regularly for communications regarding your admissions status to
both CSUSM and EOP.
- View the Application Preparation Worksheet to help you prepare.
Helpful CSUSM Contact Information