To ensure continuity of services, the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) has transitioned into remote and in-person counseling and peer mentoring sessions.
Please be sure to read the "Prior to your Appointment" instructions before your appointment.
- We will be resuming EOP Contact requirements, per your EOP Student Contract.
- Drop-Ins are NOT intended to complete your first contact.
- Please note that we will not be offering appointments on the appointment scheduler during EOP Drop-In periods.
Prior to your Appointment
- Locate the EOP Office: Administrative Building 4100.
- Ensure you have your digital student ID.
- Go to office365.csusm.edu
- Student log-in: firstname.lastname@example.org without the "cougars" part of the email
- Click on Microsoft Teams
- Download the desktop (computer) Teams App
- Teams App can be downloaded through the download App button at the bottom left of your Teams screen.
- Downloading the Microsoft Teams App is free on iOS and Android devices.
Day of Appointment
- REQUIRED: You must sign-in at the Front Desk with your student ID.
- This ensures you receive credit for this contact.
- Students will be considered a no-show if you do not arrive within 10 minutes of your appointment.
- Wait for your EOP Retention Counselor to come out and call your name.
- After your appointment, SIGN OUT at the Front Desk.
- Your counselor/mentor will connect with you on Teams at the time of your appointment please be ready at the time of your appointment.
- Students will be considered a no-show if there is no response after 10 minutes of staff attempting to reach out.
- Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment (including teleconference appointments) without a FERPA Release [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act]
- EOP offers counseling appointments to EOP students only.
Appointments can be scheduled online and in-person.
Appointment availability can be viewed up to 14 days in advance and scheduled 24 hours in advance.
- Students are assigned to EOP counselors according to students' last name.
- Peer Mentor appointment sessions are reserved for First-Year Freshman only.
- Appointment sessions are 30 minutes in length.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive an immediate confirmation email. Please review the information for accuracy.
- Students may cancel appointment prior to appointment session by logging into "Appointment Scheduler".
|Student Last Name
|A - C||Wendy Martinez|
|D - H||Michael Lewis|
I - N
|O - R||Sabrina Holguin|
|S - Z||
|First-Year Freshman||Peer Mentors:|
For assistance with set-up and/or general questions, students may contact the EOP front desk by any of the below options.
- Messaging the “EOP Front Desk” within Microsoft Teams
- Calling our office at (760)-750-4861
- Emailing us at email@example.com