You must be in your last semester of the degree to be eligible for KINE 495 Internship.
Having most of your major coursework completed helps ensure you are adequately prepared
for this important experience.
If you meet the eligibility criteria above and would like to register for KINE 495,
you must apply for a permission number
Requirements for the Internship
You are expected to:
- Attend all course meetings for KINE 495 (4 per semester).
- Locate an internship site that is willing to supervise you from this Kinesiology approved list.
- If you prefer to work with an organization that is NOT on this list and they are willing
to accept you as an intern, you must contact your KINE 495 instructor with the following
Main contact name, title, phone, email
Organization website (if applicable)
Your instructor will help you submit a request to establish a community partner agreement
with the Office of Internships. This process takes 2-6 weeks. It is important that
you work only with approved community partners to ensure you are covered under the
University's liability insurance in case of accident or injury.
- Apply for an internship position by following specific instructions detailed in the
opportunity listing. Each internship site may use different screening methods including
written application, resume review, interviews, etc., and may ask for references or
have a background check.
- Consult with your faculty supervisor about learning objectives and the appropriateness
of the internship opportunity.
- Create your internship placement. After you have secured a faculty-approved internship
placement, log on to the Internship database and complete the required internship
placement forms using your CSUSM username and password.
- Complete 90 total contact hours at your internship site.
- Submit journal entries following every 12 hours that describe what you are doing,
what you are learning, and a reflection on the experience.
- Submit a signed timesheet and student evaluation completed by the site supervisor.
Prior to beginning the internship, all student placement forms must be completed in
the internship database.