Visual Arts B.A.
- Students in the Visual Art and Visual Culture Program gain critical awareness of art
practices as they explore sensory ideas, social critiques and community engagement.
- Students in our program practice art making that values the interaction between traditional
and digital media in hybrid, innovative ways.
- Students exhibit their work- on and off campus- and are encouraged to participate
in exciting internship possibilities with local museums and galleries.
- Students hone their critical perception skills and investigate the relationships between
their own artwork and issues in art history and cultural studies.
- Students engage with other fields- such as science, history, psychology or education-
to create interdisciplinary knowledge and art.
Visual Arts Major worksheet
Visual Arts Major catalog
Cryptographic: Migration to the North
Hand-cut paper and photographic print
Credit: Doris Bittar