All of our tutors are students at CSUSM, and they boast a variety of majors and minors.
We embrace the powerful role peer-educators can play in a student's developement. Each and every tutor is committed to student
success, learning, and growth.
We work with all writers from all classes at all stages of their writing process.
No matter what you are working on, if it involves writing, we want to help. That help is offered in a few, well-practiced ways:
- One-on-One Sessions where a tutor will sit and talk about your writing with you. These tutoring sessions
and all services offered by the Writing Center respect your ownership of your writing;
we will not tell you what to do, but we will help you feel confident about makin
- Buddy Sessions for students who want to enjoy tutoring with a friend.
- Workshops that help you apply a variety of topic lessons to your work and provide you with
helpful resources to take with you.
- Thesis Retreats for groups of graduate students who want a quiet and tutor-supported space to chip
away at their theses, proposals, and capstone projects.
- Academic English Support for students who want extra support with academic expectations regarding grammar,
organization, source use, and more.
Should you be interested in applying as a tutor or front desk assistant, please see
our Work in The Center page! If you know someone who you would like to recommend as a tutor or front desk
assistant, please email email@example.com.