Visiting for Credit
Some students are assigned to visit the Writing Center in one form or another. For the most part, instructors intend to introduce the student to our resources, which are available to them during their entire time at CSUSM. Although a student may not wish for assistance at first, they should know of the services available to them
We offer many services at the Writing Center; however, not all of them are available as credit. Below is a list of services available for credit and those not available for credit. Please keep in mind that an instructor may assign specific services for credit.
Available for Credit
- Small-group or tutoring with a friend may not count toward this requirement. Please check with your instructor.
- If a group attends tutoring, all must sign in. One student cannot earn credit for the rest of the group.
- Webinar Recordings
- Information Sessions
Not Available for Credit
- Im visiting for GEW. How do I show my instructor I visited?We will report your visits to your instructor during the middle and end of the semester. You do not need to show them proof.
- I am visiting for a class (not GEW). How do I show my instructor I visited?Your instructor will have to request a visit log of all of their students directly. Direct them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for proof of your visit.
- I am visiting for a scholarship. How do I know financial aid or the relevant office
will know I visited?If you have shared the appropriate information while signing in or registering for your visit, then your visits will be accurately reported to the relevant offices. If there are any inquiries or discrepancies, please contact email@example.com.
- How many visits can I make a day for credit?We can currently only confirm one visit per day when they have been assigned for course credit. We recommend to visit early and visit often.
- Is there a recommendation about how I complete my visit requirement?Yes! Check out our recommended pathways for GEW students.