The PoodLL voice recorder gives you the capability to add this media anywhere the text editor is available. For an instructor this includes adding short audio instructions in the description field of any assignment, as well as creating assignments that require audio responses from the students. You can also provide audio feedback to these assignments.
Recordings get less reliable as they get longer. Best not to venture over 2 or 3 minutes.
• Use a recent version of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari. Do not use IE.
• If recording or grading student's audio submissions using an external microphone and/or camera, connect these to your computer before proceeding.
• Check/ adjust your computers settings to ensure the attached devices are set as the default for recording.
If you need help setting up a PoodLL assignment, or troubleshooting a problem, contact email@example.com.
1. On your course homepage, click the Add an activity or resource link at the bottom of the topic where you wish to add the Assignment.
2. Select Assignment from the list of Activities.
3. Click the Add button.
4. Complete the General and Availability sections as you would for any assignment. If you want to add your audio recording to the Assignment prompt, see Recording Within the Text Editor below.
5. Submission types: select Online PoodLL. We advise against selecting both Online text and Online PoodLL, as some students will create their audio response in the text editors instead if the assignment submission area, causing grading problems for you.
6. PoodLL Rec. Type: select Audio Recorder.
7. PoodLL Rec. Time Limit: set the maximum time for the students recorded response, by selecting minutes or seconds from the dropdown, and entering a number in the field to the left. Important: Voice recordings should be 3 minutes or less.
When grading, you have the option to record audio feedback for the student, in addition to, or in place of the other options. For a description of the other feedback types, click the ? to the right of the feedback type. Note: you may select more than one option.
Set capability to record audio feedback:
8. Feedback types: select Feedback PoodLL.
9. PoodlLL Recorder Type: select Audio recorder.
10. Show download link: selecting “yes” will add a download button so students can download your audio feedback recording.
11. Complete the remaining sections as you would for any other assignment.
12. Click Save and return to course.
If you are not planning to record an audio prompt for the students to respond to in your Assignment, skip this section.
2. Click Record to begin your recording. This will start the timer.
3. Click Stop when finished.
4. Click the Play button to check your recording. You can start over by clicking Record again.
5. Click the Upload button to submit your recording for processing.
6. Once you see the Uploaded successfully message, click Insert.
7. Once the recording is Inserted, it will appear in the text field with a .mp3 file extension. Do not attempt to change the name of this file.
1. Click the assignment name on your course homepage.
2. On the Grading summary, click the Grade button.
3. Listen to the student’s submission.
4. Enter a grade.
5. If you enabled this option, use the Feedback PoodLL recorder to record your feedback.
Once your feedback has been uploaded, the player will display just above the recorder.
6. Scroll to the bottom and Save changes before navigating to the next submission.