North County Higher Education Alliance
North County Higher Education Alliance (NCHEA) is dedicated to improving educational opportunities for North County citizens and to promoting working relationships among California State University, San Marcos; MiraCosta College; and Palomar College.
NCHEA was founded in 1990. By pooling resources, MiraCosta College, Palomar College and California State University, San Marcos hope to realize their goals for collaboration among college and university educators. They seek to foster better communication among staff and students at the three institutions to ensure seamless transfer from lower to upper division programs. In April and September of 1990, the founders of NCHEA adopted the following objectives:
- to facilitate regular meetings of service providers and department members among the three institutions;
- to publicize events;
- to develop inter-institutional grant proposals and projects;
- to give staff and student recognition;
- to increase rates of persistence and transfer among North County students;
- to cooperate with the area K-12 districts on regional educational issues;
- to dream big dreams.