This document explains how to add questions from the Question bank to a quiz, including adding a specified number of questions randomly selected from a category for each quiz attempt. To do this, you must have previously created the questions in a category in the question bank or imported questions from a publisher’s test bank or Respondus.
To learn how to create questions and categories, see the Faculty Guides>Quiz> Creating Quiz Questions.
1. Log on to Cougar Courses and go to the main page of your course.
2. Click Turn editing on.
3. Click the quiz name from your course home page.
4. In the Administration block, select Edit quiz.
5. Use the Add dropdown to select from question bank.
6. Select the category containing the questions you want to add to the quiz. A list of the questions in that category will display below.
7. Click the box in front of the questions you want to add to the quiz.
9. Click Add selected questions to quiz button.
1. Click the quiz name from your course home page.
2. In the Administration block, select Edit quiz.
3. Use the Add dropdown to select a random question.
4. Use the category dropdown to select the category from which to add the questions.
5. Select the number of random questions to add from that category. This will add a random selection for each attempt at the quiz.
6. Click Add random question.
7. Repeat steps 3-7 to add questions additional questions from other categories.