James R. Meindl Student Leadership Award
At the conclusion of each academic year, The Center for Leadership, Innovation and
Mentorship Building (CLIMB) honors a graduating senior from the College of Business
Administration who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and/or mentorship in school,
at work, and/or in the community. This year’s award is generously sponsored by Emilie and Mark Hersh.
This prestigious award is named after James R. Meindl, whose unique research and teaching
in the area of leadership had a tremendous impact on the field and inspired many of
his students and colleagues alike.
Nomination for the Award
Spring 2021 Nominations due by February 26th!
The winner should exemplify elements of the CLIMB's mission:
To foster the development of effective leaders at all levels – individual, team, organization,
and community. This mission is achieved by promoting innovative leadership research
and by offering educational programs and mentoring opportunities to current and aspiring
- Demonstrates outstanding leadership/mentorship in school, at work, and/or in the community.
- Must be a CoBA undergraduate student graduating within the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Submit required statement and references (nominees will be emailed guidelines after
the close of nominations).
- Be available for an interview with the selection committee (top candidates only).
- Faculty member, student, or self nominations are accepted.
- Fill out the form below which contains contact information for both the nominee and
the nominator (including e-mail addresses) and the reason for the nomination.
- Nominations due by February 26, 2021
- Winner will be awarded $ 700 and be recognized by the College of Business Administration.
- One award will be given each academic year.
- The selection committee is comprised of CLIMB associates, including faculty and CoBA
For more information please contact email@example.com.