All requests must be made a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of the event date.
To serve the greatest number of organizations, ECS reserves the right to change any
room assignment if necessary to accommodate as many reservations as possible. This
will be done based on information provided about the scheduled event and setup needs.
ECS may cancel any event or modify the extent of services provided in the event of
utility interruptions, campus emergencies, threat of imminent danger, in the interest
of public safety, or acts of nature.
Reserving Academic Spaces
Classrooms and Computer Labs designated for academic classes are categorized as
"Academic Locations" in 25Live and are subject to the First 3 Weeks Rule. These
locations cannot be requested until the 4th Monday of the fall or spring semester,
unless the occurrence are on a Sunday or during U-Hour. Requests submitted before
the 4th Monday of the semester will be denied and a new reservation can be submitted
on the4th Monday.
- U-hour takes place on Tuesdays & Thursdays 12:00pm-12:50pm through the
- On or after the 4th Monday of the semester, requests for academic locations
during that semester will be accepted and approved in the order in which theyare received.
A 10-minute buffer must be included before and after any
- Finals Weeks - No Academic Locations can be reserved for events during finals weeks,
including events during U-Hour.
Resrvation Submission Deadlines
- Recognized Student Organizations and ASI may submit reservation requests up to 14 months in advance of the date of the event.
- Campus Groups may submit reservation requests up to 13 months in advance of the date of the event.
- External Clients may submit reservation requests up to 12 months in advance of the date of the event.
Certain Campus Groups have priority scheduling for summer months.
Reservation Status Options
- “Draft” - reservation denotes ECS has not reviewed your request, but will do so within two
(2) business days.
- “Confirmed” - reservation means ECS has reviewed and approved your request for space. You will
receive a confirmation email from an ECS scheduler when your reservation moves to
- “Denied” - reservations may be for a variety of reasons, such as but not limited to: no space
availability, incomplete information provided, or reservation guideline violation.
For events spanning multiple months and/or calendar years:
Requests should be submitted by month, including if your event takes place on the
same day of each month in the same room at the same time, it is required that the
events be separated by month (i.e.: January occurrences on one reservation, February
on another, etc.). Requests that do not follow these guidelines will be denied and
the Client will be asked to submit a new request.
Events with dates spanning two calendar years should be submitted by year, including
if your event takes place on the same day of each year in the same room at the same
time, it is required that the events be separated (i.e.: submit 2015 events on one
reservation, 2016 events on another reservation, etc.). Requests that do not follow
these guidelines will be denied and the Client will be asked to submit a new request.
External Client Event Request
To request a reservation, complete an Event Request Form or email ECS. Reservation status updates and further event planning information will be emailed
to the Client within two (2) business days.
- A deposit of 25% of total estimated charges is due within ten (10) business days of
receipt of Event Estimate, along with signature on agreement.
- Non-payment may result in the loss of the reservation.
- The remaining unpaid balance is due one (1) business day prior to event. Variable
and additional charges will be billed immediately following the event,and must be
paid within thirty (30) days of invoice date.
- External Clients will be required to sign a Use of Space Agreement and provide Proof
of Liability Insurance to rent facilities.