Do NOT search by Academic Department for a course to course articulation with our HIST 130/131
or our PSCI 100 courses! If you do, you may not be taking the right course for meeting
the American Institutions requirement.
- Open the ASSIST website.
- Select the Community College at which you would like to take such a course.
- Click on the "CSU US History, Constitution, and American Ideals Courses" link.
- You will notice that you must meet three requirement areas to fulfill the CSU American
Institutions requirement. These "requirement areas" are US-1, US-2 and US-3. Be sure
to read any footnotes, which may explain limitations on combining courses to meet
these three requirement areas. These three requirement areas can be met by a single
course at some institutions or through a combination of courses at other institutions.
- If you are meeting the entire American Institutions requirement at Community Colleges,
you will need to make sure that the courses you select to take will, together, meet
all three of these requirements areas. For example, at Palomar College, if you took
CS 101 and POSC 102, you would NOT have met the American Institutions requirement.
This is because at the bottom of the page, they state that only certain combinations
of courses are acceptable to meet the requirement.
- At CSU San Marcos:
HIST 130 or HIST 131 meets the US-1 requirement;
PSCI 100 meets the US-2 and US-3 requirements.
So, for example, if you have already completed RS 102 or HIST 102 at Palomar College,
and you want to complete the rest of the American Institution requirement at CSUSM,
you would take PSCI 100 at CSUSM once attending here.
- IF QUESTIONS, schedule an appointment with your campus Counselor/Advisor.