Grant Support Fellow Faculty
Serving from Winter 2023 – Summer 2025
The Grant Support Faculty Fellow will work with the Grants & Contracts Development team within the Office of Graduate Studies & Research to provide leadership in promoting and advancing research and external funding at CSUSM. This position involves developing and leading the Grant Writing Bootcamps, which occur once or twice annually during off-contract time. While on-contract the Grant Support Faculty fellow will also mentor and support Grant Writing Bootcamp participants and alumni as well as a select number of additional faculty.
The Grant Support Faculty Fellow will have the following responsibilities:
- Expected to interact with new Grants & Contracts Advisory Committee. Fellow may also serve as a committee member separately but is not required to do so.
- Refine curriculum and lead the Summer 2024 Bootcamp
- Refine curriculum and lead the Winter 2025 (January) Bootcamp or other Winter 2024 offering
- Refine curriculum and lead the Summer 2025 Bootcamp while training the next Faculty Fellow (unless extending appointment)
- Provide sustained mentorship to Bootcamp participants as needed throughout the year
- Mentor a selected number of faculty who are not involved in the Bootcamp but who are developing proposals, including set office hours
- Meet on a regular basis with the Grants and Contracts Development team
- Demonstrated success in receiving and administering external grant funds
- Must hold the rank of associate professor or tenured faculty
- Must have the ability to lead Bootcamps in summer and January and commit the needed time for this position
The Faculty Fellow position will commence with assisting with the Summer 2024 Bootcamp.
- One course release (3 WTU) during the commitment to use as needed.
- Additional Employment for off-contract offerings (Summer, Winter) for a total of up to $16,000 over the 2 years as events occur.
Adjustments to the distribution of course release and compensation may be proposed depending on preference of Fellow.
In one page, discuss your interest in the position. Include your vision for the future of research at CSUSM and the experience you would draw upon to develop and lead Grant Writing Bootcamps. Submit your letter of interest and CV to Elizabeth Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OGSR Grants and Contracts Development can provide information on prior Bootcamp offerings including schedules/curriculum.