Student Travel Resources
Applications are open for the 2023-24 Academic Year!
The Graduate Research Dissemination Fund and Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Fund are designed to help students capitalize on scholarship and creative activity completed at CSUSM.
Funding opportunities for students may reach up to $500.00 of allowable costs.
Funding decisions shall be made in the order of when the application was received. Award funds are on a first come, first service basis until funds are exhausted.
- Applicants must be a currently enrolled CSUSM student and in good standing.
- The Office of Graduate Studies and Research has limited funds available for Master's and Ed.D. students presenting research at a conference. Students are eligible one-time only in their graduate studies career, depending on available funds.
- The Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities fund is designed to help undergraduate students capitalize on scholarship and creative activity completed at CSUSM. Appropriate activities include support for travel to a conference at which a student's paper or poster has been accepted. Students are eligible one-time only in their undergraduate studies career, depending on available funds.
- Examples of appropriate activities include travel to a conference at which a student’s paper or poster has been accepted.
- Complete requests must be submitted a minimum of three weeks before travel.
- Incomplete or late requests will be denied.
- Students are eligible one-time only in their undergraduate studies career and one-time in the graduate studies career, depending on availability.
- Advance payment for travel is unavailable, payment is processed after travel has been concluded in the form of reimbursement.
- Registration will be paid on a department ProCard and will be processed separately if required.
- Meal allowance for each travel claim is a maximum of $55 per day, regardless of travel destination.
- Miscellaneous expenses are not approved unless supporting documentation is provided showing the expense is necessary for travel.
- Potential sources of other support will be considered in determining the award's size.
- Group projects, as well as individual projects, may be funded.
- Step 1: Download and complete the Student travel application. Be sure your Graduate coordinator’s/faculty Mentor’s signatures are included.
- Step 2: Complete the Release of Liability and Student Conduct Agreement. If you need assistance completing the forms, click here.
- If under 18, a parent/guardian signature of release is required.
- Step 3: Complete the Student Travel Request form. Remember to upload documents, including completed Release of Liability and Student Conduct Agreement, as indicated on the form.
Funding decisions shall be made in the order of when the application was received. Award funds are on a first come, first service basis until funds are exhausted. Awards will not exceed $500.00.
If you are unsure as to whether you will be invited to present within the three (3) weeks deadline, submit your application with a document explaining that you have applied to present and have yet to receive a notice of acceptance. If awarded, your funding will be contingent upon your acceptance to present.
- Approval / Award
- If awarded, the applicant will receive an email and award letter from the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research.
- The awarded amount is granted as a reimbursement on actual incurred approved expenses on the final submitted claim.
- To finalize reimbursement, email OGSR@csusm.edu with the following within three (3) weeks after return:
- Receipts for all expenses
- Photo of name badge from conference and/or conference program agenda
- Optional: Photos of you at the conference, this could be used on the CSUSM website for promotional material.
- Receipts must be submitted within three (3) weeks after travel. For travel completed near the academic year's end, the receipt submission deadline may be shorter.
- Once documentation is received by OGSR, reimbursement claims will be processed within ten (10) business days pending no outstanding items are needed.
AY 2022-2023 Stats
- Associated Students Inc. (ASI)
ASI Leadership Funding Board provides funds for registration fees and travel to conferences.
- Student Affairs
- CSUSM Travel Office
- Office of Graduate Studies and Research
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Administrative Building 5102