Given that COVID-19 and the associated impacts continue to evolve, Principal Investigators/Project Directors (PI/PDs) are strongly encouraged to monitor announcements from funding agencies and sponsors for changes in policies, practices, procedures, deadlines, operating hours, communication methods, etc.
Visit the Council On Governmental Relations (COGR) website:
- Aggregated responses and resources from the federal agencies
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19’s Impact on Federal Awards (Version 2.0)
- Costing and Financial Compliance FAQs
- COVID-19 Webinar Series
- March 19, 2020 Memo (M-20-17): Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) due to Loss of Operations
- March 9, 2020 Memo (M-20-11): Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
- NIH FAQs COVID-19 – Summary of guidance to date from NIH
- NOT-OD-20-086 Flexibilities Available to Applicants and Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance Affected by COVID-19 – Addresses a short-term administrative flexibilities, without compromising accountability requirements, on a range of topics related to pre-award costs; extension of post-award financial and other reporting; prior approval requirement waivers; and salaries/stipends, etc.
These flexibilities are applicable to NIH applicants and recipients where the entity is conducting research activities related to or affected by COVID-19. Affected entities are those that have been closed, or business activities have been hindered due to COVID-19 precautionary measures and/or illnesses. Entities that are affected will be asked to provide documentation to NIH describing the effects, and how long their facility and NIH related research, clinical practices, or instruction was and/or will be affected.
- NOT-OD-20-083 General Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Proposal Submission and Award management Related to COVID-19 – Addresses general questions associated with proposal submission and award management; guidance on travel, cancelled conferences, etc.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- March 23, 2020 - The National Science Foundation has issued Important Notice No 146 to the Community Regarding COVID-19. NSF has also issued additional guidance on NSF’s implementation of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Memorandum (M-20-17), entitled, Administrative Relief for Recipients and Applicants of Federal Financial Assistance
Directly Impacted by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) due to Loss of Operations. NSF has implemented flexibilities authorized by OMB from specific administrative,
financial management and audit requirements contained in 2 CFR Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal
Awards without compromising accountability requirements.
- FAQs on COVID-19 for NSF Proposers and Awardees - Travel questions, extensions, REU site info
- Dear Colleague Letter for Proposers and Awardees
- Information from NSF on the Coronavirus (comprehensive NSF site)