CSUSM's Future Housing and Dining
CSUSM is committed to doing its part to provide the next generation of students with a safe and comfortable extension of their home to get healthy, affordable, well balanced meals. Campus dining fosters community growth, enhances the quality of campus life and contributes to the social components by providing additional space for meetings with faculty and other students.
- Over 8,000 square feet of dining space.
- Convenient location on the 1st floor of the QUAD.
- 124 indoor seats and 76 outdoor seats.
- Opportunities to build community within the "campus dining room."
- Diverse on-campus food experience with healthier food options and balanced meals.
- Expanded Food Offerings – Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free, salad station, as well as a grill, pizza station, pasta station and a To-Go option.
- Opportunities to have events, gatherings and cooking classes within the facility.
- A convenient new meal plan system for resident and commuter students alike
CSUSM is exploring collaborative opportunities with North City to provide first-year students with the housing resources they need to contribute to their academic and personal success. North Commons, located in North City next to the Extended Learning Building will include the following:
- 8 floors of residential spaces including amenities and classrooms
- Providing approximately 330 Beds
- Conveniently located next to the Extended Learning Building and a less than 5 minute walk to the dining cafe