Conflict of Interest Training and Information
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research is responsible for collecting initial COI forms prior to submitting proposals. The Office of Sponsored Projects is responsible for renewals, as required, for awards accepted and managed by the CSUSM Corporation.
In accordance with state and federal conflict of interest (COI) regulations, CSUSM Corporation instituted a COI policy to manage, reduce, or eliminate any actual or potential conflicts of interest involving activities conducted under the authority of CSUSM or its auxiliary organizations. This policy requires investigators supported by external funds to disclose significant financial interests that may constitute conflicts of interest.
Further Information and Resources
Policy and Procedure
- Disclosure of Financial Interests Related to Projects Sponsored by PHS, NSF, or other Agency Adopting the Federal Requirements
- 11010-02 CSU FCOI DIsclosure Chart
- 700-U (for non-governmental sponsors)
Training for NIH
Training for senior personnel is available through CITI. The PHS Conflict of Interest course can be accessed on our Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) site:
- Link: https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Click Register under Create an Account
- Create a profile with California State University, San Marcos
- Under Add a course, Proceed to Question 1, Select COI in Question 8.
Training for Non-Governmantal Sponsors (those completing a 700-U)
Training is provided by Skillsoft/SumTotal. CSUSM Principal Investigators need to be added to the module for COI.