Application Fee Waivers
Application fee waivers allow students to apply to one (1) graduate program at CSUSM for free -- this waives the $70 application fee. Waivers are available from the Graduate Coordinator of your chosen (stateside) graduate program, or from the Graduate Studies Coordinator in the Office of Graduate Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org). Limited quantities available and are not guaranteed.
Qualified students must
- Be a current CSUSM student or CSUSM graduate (Alumni); this includes CA residents, non-residents (Out-of-state and International), and undocumented students.
- Apply for a CSUSM stateside graduate program in the semester seeking an application fee waiver.
- Meet University and Program admissions requirements
- Show great potential for completing a Masters program.
- Show proof of attendance at an event such as: a graduate program information session or graduate school fair where you meet a CSUSM rep, Diversity Forum, Trio McNair, or any graduate studies/programs related events or activities.
CSUSM Financial Aid & Scholarships
The CSUSM Financial Aid & Scholarships office offers a variety of funding opportunities including grants, loans, scholarships, and work-study.
Graduate Program Related Funding
Please check with your Graduate Program for the following opportunities:
- Graduate Fellowships
- Teaching Associate (TA)
- Graduate Assistants (GA)
- Non-Resident Tuition Fee Waivers (Out-of-State or International Students)
Please check with OGSR for student travel funding:
CSU Chancellor's Office Programs
The CSU offers two funding programs for students interested in doctoral studies and/or in becoming CSU faculty members. The Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) is open to students and lecturers, while the California Pre-Doctoral Program (Sally Casanova Scholarship) is available to students. Please visit the websites for more information.
Job Postings & Internships
CSUSM is on Handshake! All currently enrolled students and registered alumni have access to job listings for full-time, part-time, short-term employment, and internships. Please visit the Career Center Services. The Office of Graduate Studies & Research posts available student assistant jobs here.
For academic or unpaid internships, please visit the Office of Internships
Funding Opportunities search in Pivot
Use your campus credentials to log in and find out more information after clicking
on an opportunity. Please note this curated search is for any funding announcement
that allows graduate students, you may need to carefully review the eligibility criteria
to ensure you are able to apply.
Graduate Student Funding Opportunities