Congratulations on your recent appointment to the Finance and Administrative Services (FAS) division of CSU San Marcos. You are joining a team of 350 educational service professionals dedicated to helping our campus community deliver high-quality programs and services to our students and their families.
As an FAS employee, you’ll soon find that our division often works behind the scenes to ensure a seamless experience for our students and our employees. There are seven subdivisions within FAS, and each performs a core function of our mission:
- Administration: Under the leadership of the Vice President, FAS Administration oversees four departments and strategic planning and management of division resources. The Vice President's Office assists with University policies, procedures and guidelines, university travel, processing public records requests, coordinating systemwide audits, and implementing division-wide organizational excellence initiatives. The Office of Internal Audit manages risk, protects university assets and ensures information integrity; Safety, Health & Sustainability (SH&S) is responsible for minimizing illness and injury to the campus community and protecting the environment from the release of hazardous materials to environment; and the Procurement & Contracts department focuses on efficient, streamlined purchasing services through strategic sourcing and contracting.
- Business & Financial Services (BFS): The BFS team is dedicated to supporting the business financial needs of the campus community and maintaining fiscal integrity by complying with all governing requirements. BFS also oversees the processes for securing contracts and services for the University along with the timely and accurate processing of customer payments, ensures insurance compliance, and supports all academic and administrative mail service needs of the campus.
- CSUSM Corporation: CSUSM Corporation is a self-supported auxiliary organization governed by a board of directors that operates as a distinct nonprofit entity and works closely with the campus community to provide supplemental services, opportunities, and revenue through activities such as campus dining and childcare services, bookstore operations and externally supported research, workshops, and conferences.
- Facilities Development & Management (FDM): FDM is responsible for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of our 304-acre campus, including leading efforts to promote CSUSM as a good environmental steward and example for a greener future through environmentally responsible sustainable practices.
- Office of Human Resources (OHR): HR supports all aspects of the employee life cycle, from initial hire through retirement, understanding that the success of the University and our students is driven by the success of CSUSM employees.
- University Police (UPD): UPD is committed to being a proactive police force that works closely with students, staff, faculty, and community members to maintain a safe academic environment, enforce California Penal and Vehicle codes on and around campus, and assist the sheriff’s department with campus-affiliated calls within San Marcos.
- Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS): Instructional and Information Technology Services (IITS) partners with the campus to support CSUSM’s enterprise computing infrastructure and services. These services range from student and administrative systems to network operations and cloud services to security and customer support. IITS is responsible for all aspects of innovation, implementation and maintenance of information technology across the CSUSM.
Together, FAS helps move the University forward, providing critical guidance and services to support the campus community.
We believe every FAS employee is essential in shaping the success of our division, and as a new member of the team, we want to empower you with the resources and knowledge necessary to fulfill your role.
The links below have been collected to help acclimate you to the University and our division. You may find that some of your richest resources are your coworkers. Several FAS employees have been part of our campus community for many years and have invaluable institutional knowledge. Make connections with them at our bi-annual division meetings, our monthly VP Coffee Hour meetings, or other campus events and activities. Get to know other names and faces and read about the latest division happenings in our division newsletter. Additionally, please be sure to complete our New Employee Spotlight Survey so that others in our division can get to know you.
Again, welcome to the team. We’re glad to be working with you, and we will assist you any way we can as you develop your career here.