The Cal State San Marcos University Council is a citizen advisory board consisting of community leaders interested in the development and welfare of the University. The Council advises the President on a number of matters, particularly those affecting University and community relations, and meeting the needs of the service area of the University.
- Trudy Armstrong, The San Diego Foundation
- Xiomara Arroyo, Wells Fargo
- Sheila Brown, Palomar Health
- W. Erik Bruvold, San Diego North Economic Development Council
- Mark Cafferty, San Diego Regional Economic Development Corporation
- Harold Coleman, Jr., Harold Coleman Jr. Ltd.
- Anita Draa, Gannett Fleming
- Col. Peter C. Farnum, United States Marine Corps.
- Matt Foster, North County San Diego Veterans Stand Down
- Michelle Gonzalez, TrueCare
- Sharyn Goodson, Leichtag Foundation
- Warren Gorowitz, Hunter Industries
- Gerald Hampton, Life of Liberty
- Rod Jones, Pro Real Estate
- Darren Levitt, Seabreeze Properties
- Scotty Lombardi, Community Member (Chair)
- Chuck Matthews, North Coastal and North Inland County Regions
- Cami Mattson, San Diego Foundation
- Gina McBride, McBride Financial & Philanthropy Concepts
- Russell 'Butch' Murphy, Pechanga Band of Luiseno Indians
- Julie Norby, Fallbrook Union Elementary School District
- Lori Holt Pfeiler, Building Industry Association of San Diego
- Roberto Ramirez, Mountain Meadow Mushroom Farms, Inc.
- Carmen Rene, Prescient Medicine
- William Rivera, California Coast Credit Union
- Matthew Sanford, City of Carlsbad
- Tess Sangster, City of San Marcos
- Ed Scarpelli, Western Mutual Development Corportation
- Tory See, ViaSat, Inc.
- Amber Ter-Vrugt, Scripps Health
- Matthew Tucker, North County Transit District
- Sara Vaz, Nordson Corporation (Vice Chair)
- Max Villalobos, Kaiser Permanente
- Heather Whitley-Quinn, Manpower of San Diego
- Dr. Ellen Neufeldt, President
- Dr. Patricia Prado-Olmos, Chief Community Engagement Officer