Early Start at other CSU Campuses
Students may also participate in an Early Start program offered at any other CSU campus.
This may be appropriate for non-local students.
- Other CSU campuses are offering Early Start courses in various time blocks throughout
- Some CSU campuses are planning to offer online course options as well.
- CSU course fee waivers are available to California residents who apply for financial
aid and have an Estimated Family Contribution(EFC) of $6,000 or less.
- To learn about Early Start options on other CSU campuses, please visit: CSU EARLY START OPTIONS
Students may wish to take an approved course at their local community college. These transferrable courses must be completed by August 6, 2021.
- English: An equivalent transferrable course to CSUSM's A2: Written Communication requirement. An A2: Written Communication equivalent course is appropriate for satisfying the English Early Start requirement.
- Math: An equivalent transferrable course to CSUSM's B4: Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning requirement. A B4: Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning equivalent course is appropriate for satisfying the English Early Start requirement.
There are no CSU waivers for community college courses. To explore Early Start options
at community colleges and to learn more about the A2 and B4 requirements, please visit: