Steps to Improving Your Academic Success
When a student is placed on Academic Notice a hold is placed on their student record in order to be able to provide students support and connect with resources.
- Freshman (0-29 units completed), a hold is placed on their MyCSUSM which will prevent future registration.
- Sophomore, Junior and Senior (30+ units completed): a hold is placed on their MyCSUSM but will not impact future registration
Additional steps you can take right now:
- Seek out help right away
- Meet with your Specialized Program counselor (if this applies to you)
- Meet with Personalized Academic Success Services (PASS).
- Attend an Academic Success & Strategies Workshop
- Talk to your professors/instructors and utilize their office hours
- Seek out tutoring/extra help
- Develop a plan
- Discover and use the wide assortment of campus resources available to you