How to sign up?
You may fulfill the CSU Early Start Program by:
- Completing a CSUSM course via online, hybrid, or in-person, or
- Completing an in-person or online course this summer offered by another CSU campus
Please be aware that each Early Start option is different. Some Early Start options
will simply allow you to do the minimum to complete the Early Start requirement, while
others will provide you with the opportunity to begin your GE requirements with supported instruction. When browsing the Early Start options available to you, please
read the descriptions carefully to determine what the outcomes will be.
How to Enroll in Early Start
To enroll in the CSU Early Start Program:
- Go to the CSU Registration Page link, which is located in your MyCSUSM account.
- 2021 Early Start Registration Instructions.
- Review your CSU Registration Page to:
Find out if you need to participate in Early Start.
Find out if you qualify for an Early Start fee waiver based on your FAFSA information.
- Students admitted to CSUSM:
Your location to take Early Start classes will default to CSUSM on the Registration
You may change the location to take Early Start classes on the Registration Page
- Enroll in Early Start classes at CSUSM.