Kellogg Library 1105
Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm
What is Academic Notice?
- An undergraduate student will be placed on Academic Notice if, during any academic term, the overall GPA and/or the cumulative CSUSM GPA falls below 2.0 (C average). The student shall be advised of Academic Notice status promptly by email communication from the Office of the Registrar.
- An undergraduate student shall be removed from Academic Notice when the overall GPA and the cumulative CSUSM GPA are both at 2.0 or higher.
Academic Notice INFORMATION SESSIONS
Engage with a member of the PASS team to get the answer to all of your questions about Academic Notice. What factors impact academic success? What policies, process, and opportunities should you be aware of? What strategies and resources are available to succeed academically and avoid Academic Notice at CSUSM?
Fall 2023 Dates: Coming Soon
If you have been placed on Academic Notice, it should be taken seriously.
Think of it as the University’s way of getting your attention with a desired outcome of helping you focus on improving your academic performance and keeping you moving towards achieving your goal of graduating. There are steps you can begin to take to work towards getting back on track.
Being placed on Academic Notice does not feel good. It can be frustrating, surprising, and overwhelming. But, it is not the end of the World. You can overcome this hurdle and we are here to support you!
There are a variety of reasons students find themselves struggling academically.
Here are just a few:
- Not asking for help early
- Procrastination & Disorganization
- Poor Study Skills (time management, test-taking, note-taking, reading, etc.)
- Lack of motivation
- Unsure of major/career path
- Failure to attend classes
- Failure to get academic advising
- Course load
- Not seeking out and following proper campus procedures, policies, and timelines
- Personal issues (emotional, mental, physical, financial, relational, family, health, stress)
- Job-related challenges
- Transitioning to the University setting