M.A. Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with a Master of Arts in History will
- Produce historical analyses that reflect a sophisticated understanding of major schools
of historical theory and methodology.
- Produce scholarship that shows an in-depth knowledge of at least one portion of the
human historical experience.
- Perform critical analyses of the history of media/mass culture/new media technology.
- Acquire knowledge of some form of digital media technology, and apply that knowledge
to the study of history.
- Develop advanced research skills and historical writing skills.
- Produce research that makes an original and significant contribution to historical
scholarship, in conversation with existing historiography.