- The deadline for Fall applications is March 15 (February 1 for early consideration).
- The deadline for Spring applications is October 30.
Application for admission to the Master of Arts Degree in History requires the following:
1. A completed online application for admission to the Graduate Studies for the University. Please fill out and submit the university admissions form, which is available at Cal State Apply. For more information on the graduate application process, please visit the CSU graduate application information page.
2. The departmental application requires three letters of recommendation. The online application will require the submission of three names of recommenders and their email addresses. They will automatically be contacted with instructions on how to submit their letters through the application portal. (It is highly preferred that at least two of these letters be from History professors who can speak to your potential success as a professional historian.)
3. All applicants who attended and/or earned degrees from colleges or universities outside of CSUSM, must send their official transcripts to the Office of Admissions at the following address:
Office of Admissions
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92906