Deadline for Spring admissions: November 10 , 2018
Application for admission to the Master of Arts Degree in History requires the following:
1. A completed online application for admission to the Graduate Studies for the University. Please fill out and submit the university admissions form (CSU Mentor) which is available at Cal Apply.
2. CSU Mentor will generate a link to the Department of History’s supplemental application. To be considered for admission to the Master of Arts in History Degree, you must complete the online supplemental application. If you do not receive the link to the supplemental application within five (5) business days, please contact the History Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The departmental application requires three letters of recommendation. The online application will require the submission of three names of recommenders and their email addresses. They will automatically be contacted with instructions on how to submit their letters through the application portal. (It is highly preferred that at least two, if not all, of these letters be from history professors who can speak to your potential success as a professional historian.)
4. All applicants who attended and/or earned degrees from colleges or universities outside of CSUSM, must send their official transcripts to the Office of Admissions, CSU San Marcos, 333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92906. It is not necessary to provide transcripts for any work completed at CSUSM.
5. GRE scores are required. When completing the GRE, applicants should have the scores forwarded to the Department and should supply the Department with an unofficial electronic copy once the exam is completed.