Students who graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in History will be able to:
1. Develop historical research questions, formulate appropriate research strategies, and critically evaluate evidence about the past;
2. Develop and defend historical arguments, demonstrating an understanding of different theoretical approaches to historical interpretation;
3. Effectively communicate, in clear and convincing prose, an understanding of the causes of historical change;
4. Evaluate the influence of new digital and multimedia formats on the practice and presentation of history; and
5. Describe several varieties of experience found in the historical record and explain why diversity is a critical component of history.