Specialized MBA (SMBA) applications are processed on a rolling basis. A Faculty Admissions Committee makes admissions decisions, which will be done only with a complete application package.
The minimum requirements for admission are:
1. Have completed a four-year college course of study or an appropriate baccalaureate degree (or equivalent preparation) from a regionally accredited institution or from an international institution that meets CSUSM accreditation standards.
2. Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended.
3. A Grade Point Average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or better in the last 60 graded semester units, from a WASC-equivalent university. Only regular courses from four-year colleges and/or universities will be used in calculating an applicant’s GPA—no extension courses or community college courses will be included.
4. Provide two letters of recommendation.
5. Provide a Personal Statement.
6. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Official Score Report
7. All graduate applicants, regardless of citizenship, whose preparatory education was principally in a language other than English must demonstrate competence in English. Those who do not possess a bachelor's degree from a postsecondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction must satisfy the English Language Proficiency Requirement with one of the following:
If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirement for graduate admission you may apply for conditional admission. The conditional admission requirements are as follows: