I want to apply...
An international Master's applicant is a student who wishes to study at our university on an F-1 (student) visa, who has received a post-secondary degree from a regionally accredited college or university within the United States or outside the Unites States that meets our accreditation standards.
How to Apply
Graduate programs may require additional documents for the application process. You must visit the respective graduate program website and follow the instructions carefully for any program-specific admission requirements and deadlines. Application deadlines vary.
APPLICATION FEE WAIVED FOR 2022!
- University Application:
2. All official post-secondary academic records including certificates, mark sheets, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope. Copies will be accepted for the admission decision.
3. Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
4. Affidavit of Financial Support including bank statements or scholarship letter
5. Official passing TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo or Cambridge English score report - once you apply, you will be given online access to a student portal where you can check if you are required to submit a test score. If you do not have a passing test score, guaranteed conditional admission through our English language program may be available.
6. Copy of your Passport
EXPEDITE PROCESSING: Send your unofficial transcripts and copies of documents for an admission decision by: Uploading Your Documents Online. Be sure to change the file name to: your full name and email address.
Minimum University Admission Requirements
NOTE: This information below is the minimum university requirements. Applicants must meet the specific admissions criteria for the program of their choice. Please visit the links above for detailed admission criteria for each master's program at CSUSM.
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree from an institution that meets our accreditation standards
- Overall 2.5 GPA or higher in the overall degree or last 60 units attempted
- Satisfy English Language Proficiency Requirement for admission purposes with one of the following:
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0, writing score no lower than 6.0 and no section score below 5.5
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE), C2 Proficiency (CPE)–certificate awarded with a Cambridge English score of 180 or higher.
- Duolingo score of 110
- iTEP or Pearsons (PTE) accepted. Please contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. university
- Bachelor’s degree from a post-secondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction (confirm with International Admission Office to see if your school is eligible)
- Graduate programs may have higher than minimum GPA requirements and additional admission criteria. IMPORTANT NOTICE: GRE is optional (not required) for the 2022 application filing period.
If you do not meet the English language proficiency for graduate admission you may apply for conditional admission for select graduate programs through our American Language & Culture Institute. To be eligible for ALCI conditional admission, you must meet the undergraduate English language proficiency requirement. Please contact the International Admission Office for more details at email@example.com.
Visit your master's degree program website for admission criteria, application instructions, and deadlines
Fall 2022 & Summer 2023: MBA only - AACSB accredited
LEARN MORE (We offer two MBA programs):
*SMBA Foundation courses (summer) may be waived if you are a holder of a business bachelor's degree. Your entry date will be Fall 2022 if the foundation courses are waived. Application deadline is July 1, 2022.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: GRE is optional (not required) for the 2022 application filing period for the following programs:
- Biological Sciences (next available Fall 2023, spring 2023 available invitation only)
- Biotechnology (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply July 1)
- Chemistry (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply July 1)
- Computer Science (next available Fall 2023)
- Cybersecurity (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply. July 11. online only)
- History (next available Spring & Fall 2023)
- Kinesiology (next available Fall 2023)
- Literature and Writing Studies (next available Fall 2023)
- Mathematics (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply July 1. Spring 2023 will be available)
- Public Health (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply July 1)
- Psychology (next available Fall 2023)
- Sociological Practice (next available Fall 2023)
- Social Work (next available Fall 2023)
- Spanish (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply July 1. Spring 2023 will be available)
- Speech-Language Pathology (next available Fall 2023)
- Biological Sciences (invitation only - please contact International Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- History (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply for spring is October 30)
- Mathematics (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply for spring is October 31)
- Spanish (OPEN NOW. Deadline to apply for spring is November 1)
*Appeal process for special consideration due to extenuating circumstances/demonstrable hardship may be considered, submit appeal to: email@example.com.
Please contact Colleen Manthey, Assistant Director ~ International Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Located in the Extended Learning Building (accross from the Quad)
5th Floor #588
288 Campus Way
San Marcos, CA 92078
PARKING GARAGE ADDRESS:
295 June Way
San Marcos, CA 92078
Phone: (760) 750-4844 Fax: (760) 750-3138
California State University San Marcos - International Admissions
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA