University Access Program
This program offers qualified students a dedicated individual advisor as well as the opportunity to earn credits toward their bachelor’s or select master’s degree and receive guaranteed admission upon successful completion of the program. Whether needing to improve on your academic history or transition your English skills, the program makes your success our goal.
Costs Include first semester textbooks, student fees, daily support and personalized advising in such areas as degree planning, housing, academics, etc.
- University credits earned toward your degree at CSUSM
- Guaranteed admission to CSUSM upon completion of the program
- Academic and personal advising
- Start Fall, Spring, or Summer
- Available for all undergraduate majors and select graduate programs
- Courses with U.S. university students
- Individual tutoring services at no extra cost
- Access to all campus resources
- English language support
How to Apply
If you are outside of the United States and need an I-20 to apply for a VISA or are currently attending school in the United States , please visit UAP - Undergraduate Conditional Admission.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old or a high school graduate, and have basic English skills.
Required minimum English proficiency test scores include a TOEFL: 51 , IELTS: 5.0 or approved comparable country specific tests.
F-1 students transferring to the ALCI from a school within the United States:
If you have a valid I-20 and are transferring from a school in the United States, you must send these additional items with your application.
- An Eligibility to Transfer Form.
- Transcripts from current ESL program.
- Scanned photocopies of your current I-20, visa, and I-94 (no photos please).
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to learn more about the University Access Program. On the form, enter your contact information and select "UAP: University Coursework Toward Degree" from the "English Language Programs" dropdown.