You must pay the SEVIS fee after you receive your I-20. You must pay this fee before
your F-1 visa interview at a U.S Consulate. This fee is also called the I-901 Fee.
Who pays the SEVIS fee?
- A new student with an initial attendance I-20 who is applying for an new F-1 visa.
- A new student with an initial attendance I-20 who is applying for a change to F-1
status from another status (B-2 for example).
- A current F-1 student in the US filing for reinstatement after being out of status
more than 5 months.
What do I need to pay the fee?
- SEVIS ID number located on I-20 (Begins with N)
- School Code listed on I-20 (Begins with SND214)
- Credit card
Can someone else (friend or family member) pay the fee for me?
Yes. But you should have a copy of the fee payment receipt that proves that they paid
the fee for you.
Do I have to pay the fee if I travel outside the US?
If you travel outside the U.S. for more than five months, you must pay the fee. If
you are a continuing student who must renew your visa, you need not pay the fee.
How do I pay the fee?
To pay the SEVIS fee, go to www.fmjfee.com