Graduate Conditional Admission
Conditional admission is available to qualified students applying for graduate (master’s degree) admission to California State University San Marcos (CSUSM). Conditional admission is a way for students to learn in advance if they qualify for admission to CSUSM.
As a conditionally admitted student, you can be admitted to certain graduate/master’s programs at California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) upon successful completion of the Intensive English Pathway (IEP) program without needing a passing TOEFL or IELTS score for certain graduate programs. Many students with conditional admission have completed ALCI's Intensive English Pathway (IEP) program and continued to achieve their goal of earning a master’s degree from CSUSM.
How to apply:
The application for Graduate Conditional Admission has two parts.
For the CSUSM APPLICATION, you must submit:
- A completed CSUSM International Student Application form. This form MUST be submitted online through CSU Mentor.
- Official, sealed, unopened, original high school transcripts with certified English translation.
- Official, sealed, unopened, original transcripts from each college or university you attended with certified English translation.
- Official, sealed, unopened certificate of high school graduation or diploma with certified English translation.
For the GRADUATE DEPARTMENT APPLICATION, you must:
- Visit the Office of Global Education website for a list of graduate programs and application requirements. Read the website information carefully.
- Follow the website link for the graduate department in which you are interested.
- Submit a complete graduate department application and all required documents as instructed on the department website.
F-1 students transferring to the ALCI from a school within the United States
If you have a valid I-20 and are transferring from a school in the U.S., you must send items above AND:
- An Eligibility to Transfer Form.
- Transcripts from current ESL program.
- Photocopies of your current I-20, visa, and I-94.
To apply for conditional admission to CSUSM as a graduate student, please submit the requested materials to Graduate International Admissions.
To apply for conditional admission to CSUSM as an undergraduate, please submit the requested materials to Undergraduate International Admissions.