Health Insurance Requirement
It is highly recommended that all ALCI students must have adequate health insurance coverage while they are in the United States. Your health insurance should meet the following California State University International Student Health Insurance criteria:
- The medical benefit is at least $500,000 per condition, with a co-payment of no more than 25%, and a deductible of no more than $100.
- The policy is valid as long as you are enrolled at ALCI.
- The repatriation benefit is at least $7,500.
- The medical evacuation benefit is at least $10,000.
- The policy provides equal benefits for men and women.
- The policy includes prenatal (pregnancy) and maternity coverage at no extra cost.Academic Healthcare
- The policy pays for pre-existing conditions after six months of continuous coverage.
You can buy CSU-sponsored health insurance or find a plan in your home country.
Please visit the Academic HealthCare website to enroll in CSU-sponsored health insurance or receive additional information.