Health Insurance Requirement
All ALCI students must have adequate health insurance coverage while they are in the United States. Your health insurance must meet the following California State University International Student Health Insurance requirements:
- The medical benefit is at least $500,000 per condition, with a co-payment of no more than 25%, and a deductible of no more than $100.
- The policy is valid as long as you are enrolled at ALCI.
- The repatriation benefit is at least $7,500.
- The medical evacuation benefit is at least $10,000.
- The policy provides equal benefits for men and women.
- The policy includes prenatal (pregnancy) and maternity coverage at no extra cost.
- The policy pays for pre-existing conditions after six months of continuous coverage.
To meet the health insurance requirement, you must either bring proof of health insurance from your country (with a copy of your policy in English) that meets these requirements OR buy CSU-sponsored health insurance after you arrive at ALCI. You must have health insurance coverage for the entire semester.
Please visit the Relation Insurance Services website to enroll in CSU-sponsored health insurance or receive additional information.