University Global Affairs Committee (UGAC)
The Mission of the University Global Affairs Committee (UGAC) is:
To advocate for campus globalization and act as a catalyst for globalization efforts
at CSU San Marcos
UGAC is a University Committee whose members represent faculty, staff and students.
The 2021-22 membership of UGAC is:
- Dr. Scott Greenwood, Chair, Global Studies
- Dr. Ana Hernandez, Faculty, Education
- Dr. Glen Browdowsky, Faculty, Academic Coordinator International Programs (ACIP)
- Dr. Xiaoye She, Faculty, Department of Political Science
- Dr. Paola Ometto, Faculty, Department of Business Administration, Management
- Vacant, Faculty, Library
- Dr. Reza Kamali, Faculty, CSTEM Engineering Program
- Robert Carolin, Associate Dean, Global Programs and Services
- Danielle McMartin, Director,Global Programs and Services
- Tiffany Gabbard, IP Coordinator and Assistant Director, Study Abroad, Global Programs and Services
- Colleen Manthey, Assistant Director, International Admissions, Global Programs and
- Grant Parsons, Director of International Enrollment and Partnerships, Global Programs
- Kseniya Gregory, Associate Director, American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI)
- Melissa Teetzel, Graduate Studies
The primary focus of UGAC is on the internal campus community.
The main activities of UGAC are:
- Serve as an information clearinghouse on international activities.
- Promote efforts to globalize the curriculum, including approval of faculty-led study
- Make faculty travel awards in support of campus globalization.
- Assess globalization efforts on campus.
- Schedule international events for the campus community.
- Advocate for international student support.
The University Global Affairs Committee administers two grant programs intended to promote campus globalization.