Faculty members at CSU San Marcos have a number of international opportunities available to them. Whether you are a faculty member with little or no international experience seeking to develop expertise in a particular area, or an experienced international educator looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge, the Office of Global Education can help.
International Visitor/International Faculty
For those who are new to CSUSM, please take a moment and review our new handbook. Many of your questions can be answered here: INTERNATIONAL FACULTY & SCHOLAR HANDBOOK: A PRACTICAL GUIDE
Among the professional development opportunities featured here are travel grants offered by the following:
- AASCU International Initiatives
- CIEE International Faculty Development Seminars
- Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL)
- Council of American Overseas Research Centers Fellowships
- DAAD Germany Short-term Faculty Opportunities
- Fulbright Program
- Fulbright Specialist Short-Term Program
- ISEP Consortium Faculty Engagement Request
- Resident Director Program of the CSU International Programs
- Summer Arts Program (International)
- University Global Affairs Committee
- US Government International Funding
- US Agency for International Development Opportunities including Research and Science Efforts and Minority Serving Institutions and Other Initiatives
- Department of State International Opportunities
- Department of Education International Opportunities
- National Institutes of Health International Opportunities
As a faculty member, you may be interested in developing your own study abroad program for CSU San Marcos students. In collaboration with the College of Extended Studies, the Office of University Global Education can assist you in this effort.
After you have explored these options, please contact the Director of Global Education for additional information and assistance.