New Student Orientation
The ALCI of CSU San Marcos welcomes and introduces new students to the program during New Student Orientation, which begins on the first day of each semester. The first day of Orientation is the start date on your I-20. All new students must come to New Student Orientation. There will be many fun and informational activities that will help you adjust to life in the United States.
Orientation Activities Include
You Academic Advisor will work with you on your class schedule. Please remember that to attend classes you must have approved health insurance, and pay tuition and fees in full. There is a $100 late fee for tuition paid after the payment due date listed on your invoice.
Please be prepared to provide the following items for check-in:
- Your passport with F-1 entry visa and stamp
- Form I-20
- Print out or screen shot of I-94 (I-94 avaliable online only after you arrive in the US)
- Proof of payment of tuition/fees
- Proof of adequate health insurance meeting ALCI requirements
- Your address in the US
Testing & Placement
For IEP and UAP students, the ALCI will give you a mandatory test to determine your English level. This helps us place you in the correct classes. If you do not take a placement test during the first day of orientation, you must pay a $250 late testing fee.
You will see the new and modern facilities at CSU San Marcos. All buildings, classrooms, and labs have the latest technology.
During New Student Orientation, you will also:
- Meet the ALCI staff and instructors
- Make friends with other ALCI students
- Review university policies, immigration, campus technology, safety, health information and other important information.
- Learn about life in the United States, the CSUSM campus, the local area, getting involved, California and more!
ALCI Office Location:
The ALCI office is located on the California State University San Marcos campus in Academic Hall, Room 415.
Download a campus map.