Domestic Student with International Transcripts
U.S. Students with Foreign Coursework
How to transfer coursework from a non-U.S. college or university
Items to Submit
- All official post-secondary foreign academic records including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue must be submitted through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope.
- Previous non-U.S. college or university must meet our accreditation standards
- Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
- Satisfy our English Language Proficiency Requirement with ONE of the following:
- TOEFL score of 61 iBT with writing score no lower than 19 and no section score below 14
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5, writing score no lower than 5.5 and no section score below 5.0
- Cambridge English B2 First (FCE), C1 Advanced (CAE), C2 Proficiency (CPE) minimum score of 168. (160 and above eligible for pathway program)
- Completion of the equivalent of CSUSM's A-2 Written Communication course as noted in our catalog with a grade of C or better
- Attended an approved institution where English was the principal language of instruction for 3 years (confirm with International Admission Office to see if your school is eligible)
- Graduate & Postbaccaulaureate
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0, writing score no lower than 6.0 and no section score below 5.5
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE), C2 Proficiency (CPE)–certificate awarded with a Cambridge English score of 180 or higher.
- Duolingo score of 110
- iTEP or Pearsons (PTE) accepted. Please contact International Admissions at email@example.com for details.
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. university
- Bachelor’s degree from a post-secondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction (confirm with International Admission Office to see if your school is eligible)
*Appeal process for special consideration due to extenuating circumstances/demonstrable hardship may be considered, submit appeal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Documents must be submitted by the deadline stated on your MyCSUSM Student Center.
Send all OFFICIAL transcripts and translations directly to the address below.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the International Admission Office: Colleen Manthey, International Admissions Specialist, at email@example.com.
5th Floor #588
288 Campus Way
San Marcos, CA 92078
295 June Way
San Marcos, CA 92078