I want to apply...
An international second post-baccalaureate applicant is a student who wishes to study at our university on an F-1 (student) visa who has already completed a post-secondary degree from a regionally accredited university within the United States or outside the United States that meets our accreditation standards and wishes to pursue a second bachelor's degree.
The CSUSM main campus does not traditionally accept second bachelor's degree applications, but please contact the International Admission Office for exceptions or more information.
Only the Temecula campus of CSUSM accepts second bachelor's degree students.
Programs available for second bachelor's degree students at the Temecula campus:
- Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Business Administration (General Concentration)
- Criminology and Justice Studies
- Kinesiology (Health Science Option)
Our Main Campus in San Marcos does not traditionally accept second bachelor’s degree applications for most majors. However, CSUSM will accept second bachelor's degree seeking students for the following programs:
Please note: Second bachelor degree students must complete the prerequisite courses for the major at a regionally accredited community college or university prior to being accepted into these programs. Local community colleges can be found on the following website: www.assist.org
Minimum University Admission Requirements
- Equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree from an institution that meets our accreditation standards
- Overall 2.5 GPA or higher in the overall degree or last 60 units attempted
- Satisfy English Language Proficiency Requirement:
- Choose ONE from the following:
- TOEFL score of 80 iBT
- IELTS overall band score of 6.0, writing score no lower than 6.0 and no section score below 5.5
- Cambridge English C1 Advanced (CAE), C2 Proficiency (CPE)–certificate awarded with a Cambridge English score of 180 or higher.
- Duolingo score of 110
- iTEP or Pearsons (PTE) accepted. Please contact International Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. university
- Bachelor’s degree from a post-secondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction (confirm with International Admission Office to see if your school is eligible)
*Appeal process for special consideration due to extenuating circumstances/demonstrable hardship may be considered, submit appeal to: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Please note that the Temecula programs may have higher than minimum GPA requirements and require additional tests and/or specific pre-requisite coursework. Please contact the Temecula Office for more information.
How to Apply
APPLICATION FEE IS WAIVED FOR 2022! Contact us for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit the following items:
All official post-secondary school records including certificates, examination grades, degrees or diplomas in the original language of issue through the postal mail in a school-sealed envelope
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the U.S. institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUSM. If you are attending a California community college, you may be able to send your transcripts electronically. Confirm with your school to check if this option is available.
Official English translations of all academic records including certificates, degrees or diplomas
Affidavit of Financial Support including bank statements or scholarship letter
- Copy of your Passport
Contact the Temecula Office for detailed information on the application process.
Send all OFFICIAL transcripts and translations directly to the address below.
Copies of all the documents needed above can be submitted online! By submitting these documents online, this allows us to give you an early admission decision. Official transcripts and test scores must be received before issuance of I-20 for student visa.
5th Floor #588
288 Campus Way
San Marcos, CA 92078
295 June Way
San Marcos, CA 92078