- Global Education
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
- Prospective Applicants
- International Students
- American Language and Culture Institute
- Study Abroad
- Faculty and Departments
- University Global Affairs Committee (UGAC)
- UGAC Grants
- CSU Resident Director
- Faculty and Departments Study Abroad
- Faculty Exchanges
- Fulbright Programs
- Study Abroad Class Visit Request Form
- Information for Visiting Faculty and Scholars
- Global Partners
- Agents and Prospective Exchange Partners
- Travel Resources
- Calendar of Events
Faculty and Departments Study Abroad
Creating a new study abroad program for your students is an exciting and challenging undertaking. The benefits to faculty members and students are enormous, but require careful planning.
While campus-based study abroad programs can take many forms, the most common is the short-term, summer program. Typically, a faculty member accompanies a group of students to a study center abroad where instruction occurs in an immersion environment. The focus can be on language, specialized major courses, or field work.
In an effort to assist faculty members interested in pursuing this option, the Division of Extended Learning and the Office of Global Education have developed a procedure for new program development. Please contact the Director of Global Education if you are interested in developing a study abroad program.