Intensive English Pathway
- Opportunity to take university courses for credit toward a degree for qualified, advanced-level students
- Six proficiency levels
- Up to 24 class hours per week
- Small class sizes
- Leadership and service learning
- Mentorship and partnership programs
- More than 100 recognized student organizations students can join
- Group activities such as beach picnics, cultural celebrations and other trips
- Academic courses in reading, vocabulary, academic writing, grammar, public speaking, study skills, test preparation and enrichment classes
- CSUSM credit classes for qualified, advanced-level students
- Chances to make international and American friends
- Certificates of completion and certificate ceremony
How to apply for the Intensive English Pathway program
To apply to the ALCI from outside of the United States:
If you are outside of the United States and need an I-20 to apply for a VISA, please send the following:
- A scanned photocopy of the fillable ALCI Application Form.
- A scanned photocopy of an original bank statement dated within the last six months. (check here for minimum balance requirements).
- A $150 application fee (non-refundable) payable by credit card or check to "CSUSM." This includes the express mail fee.
- A scanned photocopy of your passport.
F-1 students transferring to the ALCI from a school within the United States:
If you have a valid I-20 and are transferring from a school in the United States, you must send the items above AND:
- An Eligibility to Transfer Form.
- Scanned photocopies of your transcripts from current ESL program.
- Scanned photocopies of your current I-20, visa, and I-94.
Send your application package to:
Please scan all documents and send as attachments (photos cannot be accepted) via
e-mail to email@example.com, OR
The American Language and Culture Institute
California State University San Marcos
333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001 USA
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Check your application carefully.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old or a high school graduate, and have basic English skills.
Request More Information
Fill out the form below to learn more about the University Access Program. On the form, enter your contact information and select "ESL: Intensive English Pathway" from the "English Language Programs" dropdown.