Community (Moodle) Support
Community is provided to meet the collaborative working and social needs of the campus community and campus-sponsored external communities. The site utilizes Moodle in order to provide options for information dissemination and offers a wide array of collaboration tools. Unlike the academic instruction-based site Cougar Courses, Community is not organized by term. Community assumes on-going activity throughout the year or over multiple years.
Access to Community
CSUSM students, faculty, and staff can access Community by logging in with their CSUSM username and password.
Non-CSUSM users can create their own Community accounts by filling out the New Account form. Once submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided. In the email, click on the web link it contains. Your Community account will be confirmed and you will be logged in. This process will only add your account to Community, it will not grant you access to any containers. But once you have an account you can then be added to a container by the Owner, or use self-enrollment (if enabled by the Owner) to enroll yourself in a container.
CSUSM faculty and staff can request Community containers by filling out this container request form (must be logged into Community first).
Note: eWPAF and RTP containers are requested by each college. If you are a lecturer, please see our process guide for eWPAF container creation for lecturers for more information. If you are a tenure track faculty, please see our process guide for eWPAF container creation for tenure track faculty for more information.
Getting Help with Community
- First, check the guides below. If there is a guide that is not linked/working correctly, please email us at email@example.com and let us know.
- If you can't find the answer there, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to provide the container name as well as specific details of your issue.
- For live help we have TRC Virtual Office Hours 10 am to 4pm, Monday through Friday. Zoom meeting ID: 296496061. When you first enter you will be placed in a Waiting Room until someone is available to assist you. Once someone is available, we are limiting the sessions to 15 minutes if there is a queue. If the help will take longer than 15 minutes, we will put you in a breakout room and another person on the team will assist you.
1. Use the Role field to narrow the list to show only Owner or Participant guides.
2. Select one or more categories to narrow your search.
3. Click the triangles at the top of the Category column to sort the entire list by category. You'll need to check All in the categories filter.
4. To see all of the Frequently Asked Questions, click the triangle at the top of the Label and Link column.