The CSUSM courses below, or approved equivalents, meet the CSU Pre-Nursing Core requirement for entry to any of our BSN programs at CSU San Marcos. Please use the ASSIST Website for finding approved equivalents. We also honor any courses approved to meet the CSU Pre-Nursing Core at other CSU campuses with Nursing Programs.
|Pre-Nursing Core Requirement
|CSUSM Course or Approved Equivalent
|Any CSU GE A1 course
|GEW 101 or CSU GE A2 College English
|Any CSU GE A3 course
|Any CSU GE B4 Statistics course
|Human Anatomy & Physiology I
|BIOL 175, including lab
|Human Anatomy & Physiology II
|BIOL 176, including lab
|BIOL 160, including lab
Pre-Nursing Core Information
- We require a CSU B4 Statistics for the BSN degree.
- At our University we teach Anatomy and Physiology in a combined sequence. We will also accept approved Anatomy and Physiology courses and labs taught as separate semester-long courses. But courses taken in these different sequences cannot be combined.
- The CSU Pre-Nursing Core requires a single Chemistry course (and associated lab if required at the institution where the course was taken) or approved equivalents. An Integrated Chemistry course is recomended. Please note: An Introduction to Chemistry course does not meet the requirement.
- All Core courses must be completed with a minimum grade of C or better. We do not accept a grade of C- or below for any separately listed courses to be utilized for meeting the Pre-Nursing Core. In addition, students are limited to a maximum of two C's in the Pre-Nursing Core Science requirements.
- Pre-Nursing Core courses can only be repeated once, and we will average the grades for the first and second attempts.