Sustainability Survey 2022
In Fall 2022, CSUSM conducted its second campus-wide sustainability survey. The purpose of the survey is to assess our campus’ knowledge and attitudes towards sustainability. In addition, the survey satisfies our Sustainability Tracking, Assessment and Rating System (STARS) reporting. We will continue to conduct a longitudinal survey to evaluate our progress every two years.
CSUSM Sustainability Survey 2022
Respondents 49% Students, 35% Staff, 15% Faculty
Feel CSUSM is working to create a sustainable campus.
Have an interest in sustainability.
Strengths and Opportunities
- An overwhelming majority of the campus is interested in sustainability.
- Our campus acknowledges the significance of climate change in the past, present, and future.
- There is a even distribution in perceived importance of the following issues:
- Ensuring that every person in the world has equitable opportunities in life.
- Protecting the natural environment from destruction or harm.
- Understanding people who are different or who hold opposing views.
- Creating a sense of community in your neighborhood and/or surrounding areas.
- Education and proliferation of finding, evaluating, and purchasing the most sustainable options when purchasing goods and services.
- Increase discussion with peers about climate change, sustainability, and similar topics.
- Increase campus participation in campus committee, organization, and/or events.
- Increased gender representation in survey participation. 70% of respondents identified as female, 26% idenfitied as male, and <1% identified as transgender and 3% declined to state.